Sunday 13 April 2008

Update....mad year! Publishing and selling!

Its been a mad mad couple of months in my life! Changes galore...in September I started my new job at a VERY busy performing arts college and in November I moved house so its all been go. As a result of this I have not been beading as much and certainly have not had the time to blog. There has been some beading activity though, so let me bring you up to date...

In January I was published for the first time in 'Bead' magazine - http://www.beadmagazine.co.uk/ published by Ashdown. I'd written three articles a while ago to be part of their 'A closer look at...' series, in which each addition a different bead type or technique is discussed. In January I had published my 'Closer look at Czech glass' and in March my article 'A closer look at Pearls' was published. I also had published in January's addition one of my projects - A braclet using glass tiles and wire work spacers....piccy below...



In the next issue I finish off my series of articles I wrote for them with 'A Closer look at Natural beads'. Its such a long time since I wrote these articles but its always great to see my name in print and get the cheques through for them!!! :)

In December 2007 I was also asked to do two more bead events! The first one was a jewellery party and the second my usual craft fair at my sister-in-laws college. Woohoo, you may think...however...they happened to be 1 day apart and the jewellery party was for my NEW BOSS and my colleagues of 2 months!!! Not nerve wracking at all then! The jewellery party went really well, with my colleagues complimenting me on my stock and buying quite a lot! The craft fair was not so great, with only two piece being sold (one to my MIL!) and only making £23.


I made most of my usual stuff...



Swarovski pendants...


























The large pear drops were a really good seller at the jewellery party with me selling 2 x clear, a black, green and red one! Its lovely, if not slightly bizarre, to walk around school and see everyone wearing my jewellery!! I walk into the staffroom and think 'I recognise that....oooh yeah that's why!'

My curvy silver spacer necklaces:


Which also sold well...whith requests given to make them in different colours for special orders.

Selections of earrings...






And a selection of other things....






















All in all... a good (if not slightly busy) end to 2007 and start to 2008 with regards to life, jewellery and publishing!

No comments: