Thursday 24 April 2008

Laryngitis jewellery!!

Well, I am off school at the moment with laryngitis! I wouldn't even mind but I had a really nice start back after the hols, no major behaviour problems so not a lot of shouting went on on Monday and Tuesday. But, by the end of Tuesday I sounded like Mariella Frostdrop's northern sister and by Wednesday evening after 4 lessons I had NO VOICE! Nightmare for me. Anyway, after a quick drop in at the docs, he signed me off for a week with accute laryngitis.

Well...what can a girl do when she's off for two days....make jewellery!

So, I have been busy and made a blue charm bracelet.




I have made charm bracelets forever but have never caught onto how you get the 'fuller' look of a charm bracelet. This little ounce of knowledge was passed onto me in this months 'Bead and Beyond' and seems simple when you know how!! Anyway, there are around 70 beads on this bracelet - all mounted on headpins. Some were simply mounted with a turned loop and then the excess cut off. With the excess I curled the end to form a coil and mounted the other beads onto these and finished with a simple loop. These were then mounted onto jump rings and then onto either side of the chain and voila!!

Its very summery and fresh, I love it! I have used - 8mm cats eye beads, turquoise semi presious nuggets, blue freshwater pearls, 6mm blue and clear swarovski's, 4mm white cats eye beads, 5mm Millifiori beads and tibetian silver charms.

No comments: