Tuesday 10 July 2007

Recycle and reuse!



Since Katiemo (CBC) had a article published in Bead about recycling vintage beads I've really been into this!! I have been trawling the charity shops (and believe me for a small town we have MANY!) for the best and worst pieces of jewellery to destrory!!! Perversely enough taking apart other peoples beads nearly gives me as much pleasure as making my own!!!! Some pieces I have picked up have been AWFUL though and really need to be taken apart!! I love the fact that its helping charity, righting fashion wrongs and giving me a load of new booty for cheap prices!! Hehe! I have at the moment purchased:




*A belly chain with dark chain and LOADS of pink plastic beads with flower caps, leaves etc they are really nice - £1.25.


* A string of dull pearls - £1.75.


* A vintage glass string of around 90 faceted 8-10mm beads - £3.


* 2 x HORRENDOUSLY strung beads in some form of wired flower on a beadly beaded string (I wish I'd taken a photo!! They were bad beyond belief!) - £1 each.


* An old leather thong (yuck!!) with jade green and orange beads - £1.25.




I have already attacked my pearls ready to send to Bead to decorate my pearl article and for the CBC recycle challenge when we launch the new beady section.




Here are the piccies:




Before:
















After:


I also intend tomorrow to make a pearl cluster ring like the one on craft club tv and a pair of swarovski and pearl wire work spiral earrings. These will also be sent to Bead for illustration purposes.
I am also working on my second recycle project with the belly chain. The piccies will be added to CBC for the recycle challenge and also on here once done. I started it on Sunday and just need to a 6 more beads. I'm making a charm braclet with silver chain instead of the dark chain it was on. It just brightens the whole thing up and makes it look more contemporary.
Worked on a bit of my natural bead article today too but need to finish that at some point this week!!! Still waiting on my beads to do my project...... :(

No comments: